Friday 20 February 2009

The canine approach to science

I think I've mentioned before that this is a scientific household. Well this week I've been doing a bit of research myself.

I found this cartoon on the Internet. To me, it seems to represent an entirely satisfactory re-interpretation of a tired old experiment.



Gail is wearing her most sceptical face, and muttering some rubbish about dogs not understanding the scientific method.

Well I've found a couple of quotes, which she would do well to ponder if she really thinks she's going to get that PhD:

"The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them" William Lawrence Bragg

"Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought". Albert Szent-Gyorgi.

I rest my case.

2 comments:

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Great post Hamish, very philosophical! And don't worry little friend, it's been grey here all week too....the blues were taken over a week ago on the last of the crisp snowy days :o)
Have a great weekend!
Slobbers xx

Stella said...

You are a very deep thinker, Hamish, unlike many of us pups. I did like the one about taking a new view of things, though.

I hope your feeties are all well by now!

Kisses,
Stella