Thursday 26 February 2009

Heimat


We didn't go round to Margaret's for Deutschklasse this week (why not??). Just to show that I have learned something other than where best to look for chocolate whilst the ladies are struggling with their adjectival noun endings, I've found a good German title for today's post.

Sadly, it seems I'm not going to get a trip to New Zealand anytime soon. But looking on the bright side, now that the snow has gone, my paws are feeling better, and we have a few more precious hours of daylight, there are still lot's of opportunities to go exploring my beautiful homeland.

I was born and spent my first three years on a farm just outside 'The Broch'. That's Fraserburgh, to the uninitiated. OK, I'll admit that when foreign folk think of Bonnie Scotland, they probably don't have Fraserburgh and the nearby St Fergus gas terminal in mind.........But anyway, Gail and I went up to that area for a visit last weekend, and spent a splendid afternoon exploring the old fishing village of St Combs, and walking through the sand dunes down to the Loch of Strathbeg. Such lovely soft grass and sand, so gentle on the paws. We walked five miles and saw only one other dog and its person.



2 comments:

the magic sleigh said...

Woo what a bewootiful place for a walkie, I would be dragging my Mom out there every day and my little brother dog would like it too! Nice to meet you!
-Kira the beaWootiful

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Hey Hamish! Sorry we're so late in visiting...Rosie's whirlwind romance has left us behind on the bloggies. Who need Bermuda when you have St Combs? Looks beautiful! Not unlike St Cyrus near Montrose...one of our favourite beaches but we only go there a couple of times a year :o(
So have you been on any A96 walkies yet? Give us a shout if you're ever over our way (if you want to) Our Mum used to be a bit of a roadie for a band when they were playing in the Broch, think it was Station Hotel? (many many moons ago!) Glad your tootsies are feeling better :D
Slobbers xx