Friday 14 August 2009

My tree


Do you have a tree? 

This is mine. My own personal sycamore. 

OK, in the parallel human universe (see I'm still working on the multiverse hypothesis, Nobel Prize pending), Aberdeen City Council lay claim to the sycamore, which stands in the street directly outside my house.

But in the dog world, the tree belongs to me, no doubt about it. To make sure it stays that way, the first thing I do each morning after breakfast (Gail's and mine) is to rush out the front door and (how to put this delicately?) ensure the base of the trunk is liberally sprayed with all that I have saved up overnight. 

There are other neighbours out there (you know who you are, flat-coated retriever Jake from no. 8, sleek greyhound Marcelle and fellow Westie Jock, both who live just up the road, next door's springer spaniel Molly, to name but a few) who will trespass on my property and leave their mark. 

But I am a terrier, ever vigilant.

9 comments:

Martha said...

Hi Hamish, that is a very impressive tree it has to be said!
We don't worry too much about trees although our garden is full of them. No, we prefer to pee on our Dad's grass.
We think it is admiral that you have chosen such a fine tree as a sycamore and you clearly are not having the same destructive effect on the tree as we are on the grass.
Then again, we are ladies! Not prone to lifting our legs but with the power to burn through whatever we pee on!!!
Lovely topic for the weekend!!!
Have a good one Hamish and keep up the good work.
Watch out for Jake, Marcelle, Molly & Jock although we reckon you will be OK with Marcelle & Molly!
You have lots of doggie neighbours - wish we did.
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Maxmom said...

Hey there, Hamish.
I can see that tree is well and truly marked!!...even the paving is lifting! Fly that flag high big boy!
Lots of licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA.

How Sam Sees It said...

Maybe you should put up a little sign - so that everyone who does not read pee-mail knows that the tree is yours? Sam has told everyone here...

Sam

www.howsamseesit.blogspot.com

Stella said...

Hi dear Hamish!

I think your tree deserves a brass plate that would say Hamish's Tree on it, so there is no question whatsoever who that tree belongs to.

Good idea? I think so.

Kisses,
Stella

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We know about that terrier territory - Piper owns every fencepost on our farm (and that's a lot of post), plus Java's ankles.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

ScrapsofMe said...

I love yer Pee-On-Tree! We have a Pee-On-Rock that marks the edge of our territory. We like to read pee-mail there and then both of us mark it. Be careful, that tree looks awfully close to the roadway.
Bonnie n Puffy

The Black and Tans. said...

Hamish every morning visit to YOUR Elm tree has obviously encouraged it to grow to a good height. We commend you on your dedication.

Molly, Taffy and Monty

Scooter said...

hey Hamish
I am glad that you have your "OWN" tree, thats cool. Yep, you need it posted and marked, as Hamish's!!
I am not as lucky as you, I dont have a tree in my side yard, so just have to use grass and every blade of grass is all mine!! LOL but that is easier for us girls.
ENJOY your tree!!

TwoSpecialWires said...

Are you implying that I am supposed to (lift my leg) potty on a tree? Well, I NEVER! (I am unabashedly exposing myself!) What I do know is: I miss my magnolia tree at my Gramma's house. That is where all the lizards lived. Otherwise, I'm still learning.

(Just a little embarrassed)
Jake (and Fergi, who doesn't know about such things)